What Is LegitScript?
LegitScript provides the only certification service for drug and alcohol addiction treatment providers that is required for PPC advertising on Google, Bing, and Facebook.
Addiction Treatment Certification is an important service from LegitScript for providers of drug and alcohol addiction treatment.
Who Legit Script Addiction Treatment Certification applies to:
- In-Person Addiction Treatment (Google, Bing, and Facebook): Any website, application, or merchant that provides information about in-person drug or alcohol addiction treatment, or facilitates in-person or online drug or alcohol treatment, other than at a private residence or non-clinical setting.
- Mutual Support Groups (Google, Bing, and Facebook): Any website, application, online forum, or merchant that does not offer treatment for drugs or alcohol, but that facilitates interactions between non-professional members engaged in recovery.
- Crisis Hotlines (Google and Facebook): Any website, application, call center, chat feature, or telephone number that provides or purports to provide remote assistance or information to individuals who are in recovery or who are seeking information about addiction or addiction treatment, or to any person associated with such individuals, that does not identify particular treatment facilities or entities on the site itself.
How much does Legit script certification cost?
Depending on a number of unique facilities, the application fee per unique facility is from $1495. Annual fee annual fee of $1,995 per year per location applies as well.
If you are an advertiser or an addiction treatment provider, what do you need to know?
- You can apply for LegitScript Certification here.
- Applications are processed in the order they are received. An expedited processing service is an option for applicants wanting to expedite the start of their application review.
- Certification is required by Google, Bing, and Facebook. Once you are certified and approved by these platforms, you’ll be eligible to run ads.
- You can’t just get certified and then drop out of the program: ongoing monitoring is required.
Can I apply for the Legot Script Certification if I operate a drug and alcohol treatment center outside the USA?
LegitScript certification only applies to the US market and the US market only with no anticipated date of LegitScript offering its certification to centers outside of the US. It’s unfortunate since there are plenty of great and ethical centers operating around the world, but they’re left with no choice but to seek other options to shore up additional admits outside the realm of paid placement options like Google, Facebook or Bing.
If you’re operating a drug and alcohol treatment center outside the United States – you cannot apply for Legit Script certification and run PPc ads on Google, Bing, and Facebook in the USA.
Is Legit Script certified PPC the only option for the drug and alcohol treatment center to succeed online?
You do not need Legit script certification for your organic SEO, local SEO Social Media Marketing, Email marketing, or Reputational marketing. On the other hand, it might mean that organic competition is high and you need to be a pro to achieve positive ROI (return of investment) with your online indevours that don’t require Legit Script certification.
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing the likes of Google, Bing and Facebook is great, but in the case of Google, in particular, it can get outrageously expensive due to the competitive keyword bids in the addiction rehab industry. However, PPC is more of a sprint event whereas organic SEO is more of a marathon when it comes to advertising your center online.
In the end, the tortoise beats the hare (marathoner vs. sprinter) since research shows organic far outweighs PPC both in terms of targeted traffic potential and provides the strongest ROI in comparison.
Is LegitScript working?
It is too early to say how much impact LegitScript is having to fix the problem of unethical marketing, but it seems that the drug and alcohol industry has become more transparent.
How to report an Addiction treatment facility?
If you want to report the addiction treatment facility that violate Legit script Guidelines, please use this link