Why don’t Google My Business Pages & Google Maps Listings work properly during COVID-19?
During COVID-19 pandemic Google Limited Google My Business and Google maps Listing functionality. It might seriously affect your local SEO.
What are the major changes?
- Review replies are now available.
- New user reviews, new user photos, new short names, and Q&A might be paused and will gradually return by country and business category. Google is going to publish gradually delayed user reviews and photos submitted to Google Maps.
- Businesses might experience publishing delays for other edit types or when contacting support about these pending edits.
- Delays for publication of new listings, claims, and verifications for some types of businesses to Google Search and Maps.
- Updated for specific industries and categories. For example, changes in April 2020 for health care providers and medical professionals.
What else should I do?
Goole issued really useful sources to navigate small and local businesses during the Coronavirus pandemic. Please, subscribe to Google for small business updates and read Covid-19 updated.